THE NITTY GRITTY
• I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional.
• I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
• I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
• I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of helping me to achieve my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
• I understand that to the extent our work together involves career or business, my Coach is not promising outcomes included but not limited to increased clientele, profitability, and or business success.
• I understand that my Coach will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child, elder abuse or neglect or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, they will do so to the extent of that the law requires.
• I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, and other technology.
I THINK I NEED A THERAPIST INSTEAD OF A COACH. DO YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?
Therapy can be a wonderful tool for working through psychological concerns, distress, or illness. I've certainly become a healthier human after working with a wonderful therapist! That said, choosing a therapist is deeply personal -- here is a great article about how to find a licensed mental health professional who is right for you.